Who We Are:
Founded by Fred Corcoran in 2010 we are a group of people who love the game of golf and have a deep rooted desire to introduce, promote and advocate for the participation in the game of golf all individuals that have been impacted by physical and intellectual challenges brought on by violence, accidental spinal cord injuries, acts of war, brain trauma, stroke or other chronic health conditions.
We believe that challenged individuals will benefit physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually through the game of golf as part of their therapeutic program. By utilizing golf’s inherent, rejuvenating qualities, the Northeast Accessible Golf Association “Golf For All” creates an opportunity for participants to foster camaraderie, build self esteem and confidence while enjoying the recreational nature of golf.
One of our basic tenants and highest priority is being able to give back to our wounded veterans for the service and freedom that they have provided on our behalf.
What We Do
We promote accessibility to golf through the following activities:
- Instructional clinics at Braintree Municipal Golf Course for Special Needs and Veterans, Brockton Veterans Administration Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital for Spinal Cord injuries and Mass. Hospital in Canton, MA. We have coordinated and conducted one day clinics in Western Mass, Vermont, Rhode Island and Cape Cod. We are actively pursuing other venues including private and public golf courses and public driving ranges that will offer accessibility to our program.
- Individual and small group instructional programs for those who prefer personalized instructions. Our program includes New England Professional Golf Association members Bob Beach and Brian Frain who are certified instructors for disabled golfers. We are reaching out to other club pros through the NEPGA to expand our certified instructor base. These small group and instructional programs will be subsidized by NEAGA “Golf For All” on a financial needs basis.
- Availability of Para Golfing machine instruction and use for individuals. We currently have one Para Golfing Machine and instructor available in the Boston area and one in Western Mass /northern CT. Through our fundraising events our goal is to have a number of these incredible golfing machines available regionally for those golfers challenged by paralysis, loss of limbs and strokes.
- We provide golf tournament fundraising templates and will assist in the organization of events on behalf of those individuals who want to own their own Para Golfer machine.
- These templates can be also used by community service groups, high school and college golf teams to raise funds on behalf of NEAGA “Golf for All” as well as for their local charities. Our goal, through our mutual efforts, is to share the use of the Para Golfer and promote more accessible golf opportunities for all who want to play golf on a local and more frequent basis.
- Private and Public Golf course accessibility for those who are capable of getting out on the course but may not have the resources for private membership or expensive greens fees. We are actively pursuing members of private courses and owners of public golf courses to either have as their guest (I love this idea) our disabled clients and or provide significant greens fee discounts for individual course play or use of their driving and practice facilities ranges
We are a 501c3 Non Profit organization.